The Award Holders Alumni-Kenya (AHA-K) is a networking forum for individuals who have
undergone the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award in Kenya courtesy of the President’s
Award-Kenya (PA-K). As an association, its main aim is to support PA-K and youths who are undergoing the Award program. The association engages in activities synonymous with those that form the fundamentals and strategic plan of PA-K including adventurous journeys, physical recreations, and services supporting alumni skills.
AHA-K has worked with the PA-K office to provide volunteers and assessors, in raising funds
for record books, and in engaging alumni in outdoor activities such as hikes and camping. They also have an Annual General Meeting that allows members to engage and air their views while working on ways of strengthening the alumni body as well as supporting PA-K strategic activities.
The association gives members a platform to:
– Connect: Members are able to keep in touch with other Award holders and the
– Explore: Members are able to discover local and global networking opportunities and
membership benefits that they can venture into based on their Award experience
– Learn: The platform provides a networking stage allowing members to stay informed
about local and global employment, internship, and volunteering opportunities. Moreover, it helps award holders to give back to the Award program.
Goals and Objectives
The Association aims to:
– Support PA-K strategic plan, program and activities
– Organize and run annual networking events and programs for members
– Conduct mentorship programs for young alumni members
Partner with Alumni bodies from all over the world
– Impart positive values and national community service
Create career and entrepreneurship opportunities networks for the members
Eligibility to join AHA-Kenya
All Award Holders, i.e PA-K alumni, regardless of level (Bronze,
Silver, Gold, or any combination!)
– Current or past staff members of PA-K.
– Current or past members PA-K Board of Trustees.
– Long-serving and dedicated coordinators of the Award program with a consistency of at
least five years and who is proposed and approved by The Executive Committee.
Other honorary members who may be nominated by the AHA-Kenya Executive
Joining the AHA- Kenya enables members to connect their experience to thousands of others
around the country and world at large.